Medford Community Housing, Inc. was founded and operates for the purpose of making housing affordable, safe, and inclusive for all people who live and work in the City of Medford. To this end, our Bylaws charge us with four specific goals:
- To promote the development, rehabilitation and maintenance of affordable housing in Medford, with a special focus on housing for limited and moderate income people.
- To encourage the development of a caring community in Medford.
- To maintain and enhance the cultural, racial, ethnic, and economic diversity of the Medford community.
- To take any other actions appropriate for the enhancement of the social and economic well-being of the Medford Community.
Since our inception, Medford Community Housing, Inc. has organized
and assisted in a number of initiatives to help bring about the goals of
our mission statement.
- Developer for two family rental units for Boston Avenue Housing Corporation
- Purchase of a two-bedroom rental condominium unit on Riverside Avenue
- Construction of new single family house for first-time home buyer on Circuit Road
- Construction of new single family house for first-time home buyer on Arlington Street
- Establishment of a renter revolving loan fund for assisting limited-income or displaced renters
- Organize Homebuyer Education course for first time home buyers
Who are we?
We’re local. Our membership consists of persons who live or work in Medford. Interested in joining? Here's more about membership.
We’re experienced. MCH is managed by a Board of
Directors consisting of housing professionals with decades of experience
in the development and management of affordable housing.
We care. Our membership consist of volunteers because it’s important to us.
Where are we?
Medford, MA. A beautiful city north of Boston located on the Mystic River and designated the “Tree City”. MCH, resides here; Medford Community Housing, PO Box 575, Medford, MA 02155